Why Having a Pet Is Better Than Having a Boyfriend
Ok, ok, I see your look of disbelief after reading this headline. Give me a chance . . . I think I can make a good argument for why having a pet IS better than having a boyfriend.
1. Your pet loves you unconditionally. Unlike your boyfriend, your pet will never tell you that you have to change something about yourself just to please him.
2. Your pet is committed to being with you the rest of his life. Unlike your boyfriend, your pet won’t leave you to go live at someone else’s house, eat their food, and soak up their affection.
3. Your pet is always emotionally transparent with you. Unlike your boyfriend, your pet won’t act happy when he’s really peeved.
4. Your pet is usually happy to accommodate you. Unlike your boyfriend, your pet is completely willing to warm up a spot on the sofa or the bed only to have you take it over once its warmed.
5. Your pet is good at sharing with you. Unlike your boyfriend, your pet won’t get upset if you touch his toys.
“Now, ladies, are you convinced? I rest my case.”